Greets all. I have a project that I'd like to get help on. I thought a little bit of an "exchange" format would be somewhat interesting.
I went to Panda Express for dinner tonight and noticed they have come up with a very cool looking, heavily stylized logo for the Chinese new year of the Boar. And it got me to thinking...
I make vinyl stickers, signs, magnets, and such... And it would be really neat to have a full set of the Chinese Zodiac.
However, since I can't draw for crud, and have thus never had an active role in any of these 'exchange' groups, I thought this might be a chance to get involved.
So I would like to find 12 artists (1 for each of the zodiac animals) who would be willing to draw a design for their chosen animal, and in exchange, once I have all 12 logos done, I will mail a full set of them, about 6" in size, to each of the artists who participate.
1. Please visit pandaexpress.com to see the one they designed. That'll give you a general idea of what I'm looking for.
2. Please mail me directly to confirm the animal of your choice has not been chosen by someone else. My email is Aaron@whitedragonvinyl.com
3. Designs submitted should be one solid color (color of your choice) in order to facilitate ease of cutting into vinyl sheets of solid color. Eventually I will be able to print full color deisgns, but for now, it's gotta be a solid color. If you look at the one @ PE, it has some words around the circle, color background, and such. Please submit your design in a simple one color design on white or no background, without words, or with words in a seperate layer. I'm planning to cut the design so that you can see thru it, rather than a solid panel.
4. Designs should be sumbitted in a "vectored" format. AI, EPS, directly drawn in Corel Draw (up to X3), Photoshop (Up to CS2), or other formats as such. Tracing flat formats like .jpg takes something out of it, you know?
5. Plan your design to look good at a 6" size. I'd like to have them all fit a loose format for consistancy, so please design it around or within a geometric shape. As in the inspirational design, some protrusion from the shape is desirable.
6. Design must be original. (or something of your own design anyway) I would also ask for the copyright to produce the set of designs in a commercial environment.
Thanks all! :) Hope to hear from a bunch of folks!